Tadige ತದಿಗೆ (means the 3rd day thithi) of Hindu calendar/ಪಂಚಾಂಗ/Hindu Almanac.
This festival is dedicated to Goddess Gowri or Goddess Parvathi or Goddess Devi, mainly feminine divine power. This vratha is also known as “Soubhaagya Gowri vratha” and people as per their customs and regions celebrate in different ways….. This year the date of this festival according to Vontikoppal Mysooru panchaanga is :: 10th of April 2016..
Usually this vratha is performed if it has been followed in one’s family customs..
As ‘Ugadi’ comes on the first day of Chaitra maasa which is PaaDya (First day –ಯುಗಾದಿ )… Second day is Varshadodaku (ವರ್ಷದೊಡಕು )… On the third day, it is Tadige (ತದಿಗೆ).. On this day we celebrate or install or set up Tadige Gowri.. And the installed Gowri is kept until Akshaya Tritiya ( Or 3rd Tadige ) or Akshaya Tadige.
The vratha procedure( ಪೂಜೆ ವಿಧಾನ ) below written is the one followed at my home, Smartha Brahmin Pooja Paddathi..
- Put a Padma Rangoli( 8 petal Rangoli- ಅಷ್ಟದಳ ಪದ್ಮ ರಂಗವಲ್ಲಿ) , Over which place a plank ( White metal available now / Wooden)
- Over the plank place a Tray ( ಹಿತ್ತಾಳೆ/ಪಂಚಲೋಹ or Taamra or Silver ) .
- Spread rice over the plate (ಅಕ್ಕಿಯನ್ನು ಹರಡಿ.. In some customs this is not done)
- For Kalasha, take a thali( tambige or bindige made of silver or Hittale or Taamra ) pour water- 3/4th of the tambige
- Around the Kalasha, smear a line of Sunna/lime. Inside the water immerse 2 ವೀಳ್ಯದೆಲೆ or Betel leaves
- Also place a turmeric gowri or ಅರಿಶಿನದ ಗೌರಿ moulded into pyramid shape( Mixing arishina/turmeric and water to form a cone like shape ). Infront of this place Ganesha idol , Gowri idol. Sideways to the Turmeric gowri, place Abharana items like Bale, Bicchole, kannadi.. etc.
- Pooja is done first to Lord Ganesha Vigraha, Chanting Lord’s names.. Later to Arishinada Gowri, Gowri Vigraha and Chanting Gowri Ashtottara, Gejje-vastra, Lighting Lamps or Deepa, Dhoopa /Agarabathi, Neivedya items could be something like Sajjige, Paayasa , Hayagreeva etc and perform Aarathi and Namaskarams etc..
- One could sing Aarathi songs while doing aarathi after pooja..
Few related Stotras are ::
SarvamangaLa Mangalye Shive Sarvartha Saadhake
SharaNye Tryambake Gowri NarayaNi Namosthuthe||
ಸರ್ವಮಂಗಳ ಮಾಂಗಲ್ಯೇ ಶಿವೆ ಸರ್ವಾರ್ಥ ಸಾಧಕೆ
ಶರಣ್ಯೇ ತ್ರ್ಯಂಬಕೆ ಗೌರಿ ನಾರಾಯಣಿ ನಮೋಸ್ತುತೆ ||
Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu Shakti RupeNa Samsthitha
Namastasyai, Namastasyai, Namastasyai Namo Namaha ||
ಯಾ ದೇವಿ ಸರ್ವಭೂತೇಷು ಶಕ್ತಿ ರುಪೆಣ ಸಂಸ್ಥಿತಾ
ನಮಸ್ತಸ್ಯೈ , ನಮಸ್ತಸ್ಯೈ , ನಮಸ್ತಸ್ಯೈ ನಮೋ ನಮಃ||NOTE:
- Dear readers do share me the pictures of festival celebration at your regions/homes.. Rituals vary from region to region ..
- We keep the Gowri for 3 Tadiges( that is until Akshaya Tadige).. If that day falls on Friday or Tuesday, we just wait for that day and immerse the Arishinada Gowri , the next day( which is neither tuesday or friday) and pour that water on Tulasi plant since nowadays we cant find wells nearby/rivers in cities.
- Last but not the least , if you have read and liked this post and found it to be useful, do drop me a note in the below comment box !!! 🎉🎉 🎊🎊