Mysore Pak – ಮೈಸೂರ್ ಪಾಕ್ is an authentic Karnataka sweet which resembles a burfi.. Since my childhood for any occasion, be it my birthday or any special event, my father used to get Mysore Pak as it is my favourite sweet, from Shri Venkateshwara sweet meat stall at Gandhi bazaar , Bengalooru… That taste is heavenly till date… !!
The same sweet can be prepared at home with the recipe I have provided below, somewhat resembles the taste … Do try it out dear readers and let me know your feedback !?
Fresh gram flour ತಾಜಾ ಕಡಲೆ ಹಿಟ್ಟು -1 cup
Ghee ತುಪ್ಪ -1.5 cups
Sugar ಸಕ್ಕರೆ – 2 cups
A tray to pour the mixture greased with ghee
- Dry roast gram flour until it slightly hot to touch… It takes 4 to 5 mins. Only to remove raw smell
- Now in another thick bottomed pan, put sugar and water only half a cup or even less , only to cover sugar and stir continuously , till the sugar dissolves and a syrup is formed… One string consistency sugar syrup will form after a couple of minutes stir — A single line of paaka/syrup appears if u take a bit of dissolved sugar in between your thumb and index finger.. Now add half of ghee quantity taken and roasted gram flour and stir very well rapidly..
- Stir again for couple of minutes , till mixture gets blended well and add remaining ghee too.. First it appears to be watery, don’t panic here, after some time when mixture starts bubbling + leaves pan sides , remove from fire and pour on plate greased with ghee..
- Let it cool fully, then mark into square shapes and cut it into pieces..
- Serve this burfi, that melts in your mouth and you can prepare this for birthdays, deepawali, dasara, Gokulaashtami, Ganesha chaturthi..
- If you want the texture to be hard and you prefer less ghee, can add 1 cup ghee..
Do let me know how it turned out to you !!!💐💐