Besan laadu is made out of kadalehittu or Gramflour , Ghee and sugar and very easy to make…
Ingredients/ ಬೇಕಾದ ಸಾಮಗ್ರಿಗಳು :-
Fresh Gram flour ಕಡಲೆಹಿಟ್ಟು – 2 cups
Sugar ಸಕ್ಕರೆ – 1 cup powdered
Ghee ತುಪ್ಪ – 1/2 to 3/4 cup
Cardamom ಏಲಕ್ಕಿ ಪುಡಿ
Raisins and cashews fried in ghee ತುಪ್ಪದಲ್ಲಿ ಕರಿದ ದ್ರಾಕ್ಷಿ ಗೋಡಂಬಿ
Method/ ಮಾಡುವ ವಿಧಾನ :-
1. First dry roast Gram flour for 8 to 10 minutes to remove raw smell..
2. Now again fry Gram flour by adding 2 spoons ghee until it turns golden brown.. keep stirring else it will get burnt at the bottom by gradually adding remaining Ghee… This may take nearly 15-20 minutes. Cool the mixture.
3. Now, powder sugar and add it to the fried kadalehittu or Gram flour.
4. Lastly add ghee( if needed only to make laddus) and cardamom, dry fruits fried in Ghee.. Make rounds of besan laadus and serve…
* The more the amount of Ghee added, more tastier the laddus be..
* Adding dry fruits is optional.
*Variation to this Besan laddoo is Besan Rava Laddoo , which is prepared in same way as above, but Chiroti Rava is added (1/4 cup) along with Gram flour, well roasted and laddus are tied… This will retain grainy texture of Besan laddus, as shown in the below picture…